Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Meet my new daughter "Max"

Katie started this thing yesterday where she refuses to even speak to me unless I call her Max. Here is how the conversation went last night:

Mom: Katie, would you please eat your dinner?

Katie: No, you say "Max, will you eat your dinner"

Mom: Fine, Max, would you eat your dinner?

Katie: Max is not hungry.

Mom: Katie, your name is not Max, it's Katie.

Katie: I don't like the name Katie.

Mom: Katie is a beautiful name.

Katie: I don't like Katie, you can have it. My name is Max.

It was like this all night last night. So I am thinking that I will play along and she will wake up and forget all about it. So I tell her "Good Morning Katie" this morning and she says: "No, you have to say good morning Max"

So, I am still trying to figure out where she even heard the name Max and how I am going to convince her that her name really is Katie...HELP!

2 comments:

KMitchell said...

That is pretty funny! I say it is just a phrase and it will pass. Hayley used to be Benny from the Sandlot, she wanted us to call her that and would get mad even if I said her real name talking to someone or in prayers. It stuck around for awhile but eventually went away. You could try to call her Maxie- closer to Katie:)

Andrea said...

Too cute! I agree with Katie that it will pass. If I fight Ethan on something he wants to do it even more. Maybe just tell her that you bought candy at the store for Katie...so since Katie is no longer there you'll just have to take it back. Maybe that will change her mind :)