Thursday, January 17, 2008

On the Lord's Errand

For those of you who don't know, every Wednesday night I am at the church. Joel gets to stay home for a couple of hours and "bond" with the girls. I call it bonding, he calls it babysitting:) So I get home last night about 8:45 and he has a fire going in the fireplace, the kids are in bed, and the house is almost as clean as when I left. I'm thinking that he really has done a great job tonight (after I was just complaining with Andrea about how "good" our husbands do with the kids on Wed nights). Then I sit down at my computer to turn it off and there is a layer of black powder all over the desk. I'm thinking something exploded inside the printer or something. Come to find out, he just about set the house on fire (he forgot about the fire while surfing the internet) and there is a layer of soot IN MY ENTIRE HOUSE! Then he says, "We always wondered if the the smoke detector works and I can tell you that it does." AAAHHH...so tonight as I am cleaning up the soot, I will have a smile on my face (maybe) and count my blessings that I am only cleaning soot and not a burned down home. I guess when you are on the Lord's errand, your family truly is blessed. So, does anyone have any good ideas for cleaning soot, other than soap and water and elbow grease??? Ü

3 comments:

KMitchell said...

Way to look on the positive side! How do you even clean soot? I wish you luck!! Welcome to blogging too!

Andrea said...

That's so funny-right before you left we were talking about how husbands let the house become a disaster...I guess a fire falls in that category! :)

SmileKatieLovesYou said...

AH...... that is so good!! The lord definitly blessed you! As Sister Mitchell said way to look on the postitive side!

Glad that you are my Young Women's President.
Hope your well and your in my prayers!!

Katie