Lately, I have thought much about life and about the blessings that I have. So I want to share some of the best things that happen to me everyday.
~I love that Katie would rather hit fists instead of kiss me every night before we say goodnight.
~I love that Courtney will sit on my lap for hours and play with my hair.
~I love when Katie and Courtney say prayers at night, listening to their innocent, faithful requests.
~I love that Courtney will ask me at 6:00 in the morning while I am doing her hair "Mom, I don't understand something. How do you get from heaven to here when we are born?", which prompts a beautiful discussion between us about the miracle of birth.
~I love it when Katie tells me "I am the best pink Power Ranger Mom ever".
~I love it when Courtney watches a commercial and tells me that I have to go buy this yard tiller, because "it cuts grass in 1/2 the time, just watch mommy, the commercial says".
~I love when Courtney and Katie hug each other after being separated for a whole day, but then are arguing within minutes.
~I love when Joel walks in the door to hear both the girls screaming "daddy" and running to give him a hug.
~I love it when Courtney runs to me, tells me to close my eyes because she has a surprise, leads me to her room to see that she has made her bed all by herself.
~I love that Joel will put the kids to bed for me so I can go to bed early when he sees I've had a long day.
~I love when Courtney asks me to lay in her bed with her while she falls asleep.
~I love when Katie asks me to rock her like a baby.
~I love when my husband comes home and has brought dinner, or my favorite drink, just because.
~I love when my family tells me they love me, for no reason at all.
Most of all, I have realized that all the little things that I love most in this world aren't really "things" but experiences that make me better everyday, and because of them my life is full and complete.
2 comments:
What a sweet blog. I loved it. You have such a sweet little family. I am jealous of your two girl...I am surrounded by BOYS!!!
That was so nice to read. Thank you for the words of gratitude- it was so uplifting to me. You're great!
Post a Comment