Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

Happy New Year!!!
I am getting too old to stay up 'til midnight to ring in the new year (LOL) but as I went to bed the last night of the year I thought about all the blessings and trials of 2008. I have been blessed in so many ways and although things happened this last year that broke my heart, I know that broken hearts can be healed and I become stronger and better.
I am looking forward to a new year and the blessings I will receive this coming year. I am unsure of so many things...the world situation is so uneasy right now, the economy is still not as it should be, we have a new president being put in this year, we have extended family that is dealing with medical problems and heartache...so many things that can change my world in a second.
But I have realized that what is most important is not what I am unsure of, but what I am absolutely sure of. I have a wonderful family who is ALWAYS there for each other through thick and thin. I have wonderful friends who give me great strength and comfort when I need it. I have my Savior who is a constant in my life who is there when I need to talk. I have a wonderful husband and children who challenge me, love me, and make me better everyday.
So, bring on whatever may come for 2009...I am ready for it!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great post Emily! It really made me think.