Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby Mine...


When the girls were younger I used to sing to them a lot. They still have their favorite songs but the lullaby's and the baby songs they don't listen to as much anymore. So we were driving to school this morning and I had a CD playing in the car of some random songs that the kids like. So, "Baby Mine" comes on. We haven't listened to that song for a really long time. It all of the sudden is really quiet. I look in the rear view mirror and Katie has tears running down her face and Courtney is singing the song and hugging her sister. I quickly turned it down and asked Katie what why she was crying. She replied "this is my favorite song ever! Mom, you haven't sung it to me for a long time"
I can't believe that she remembers that I used to sing it to her, and it touched my heart deeply that she remembered. I guess the little things we do really do stay with our loved ones, as little and insignificant as they may seem.
So now I have a new resolve to keep singing to my kids, even though they think they are getting to big to cuddle with mom...I'll do for as long as they will let me.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

awwww, I have goose bumps! You are such a good mama!
I guess some of the blood, sweat and tears really do pay off! ( Your girls are proof of that! )
I miss you so much lets get together next week!

Nicole said...

awwww, I have goose bumps! You are such a good mama!
I guess some of the blood, sweat and tears really do pay off! ( Your girls are proof of that! )
I miss you so much lets get together next week!

Corttney said...

How can I stalk ur blog if u dont update HAHAHAHAH ! Love and miss ya

Lisa said...

awwww. so sweet!