Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Changes...

Sometimes just when you think you have life figured out, it changes. I am happy and comfortable in my little world with my husband and 2 little girls who are growing everytime I look at them. We have our routine everyday, and we rarely stray from it. Then, the Lord decides to shake things up and get you out of your comfort zone to challenge you in some way.
As you may or may not know, we have struggled to have kids. After two misscarriages and 2 years of not getting a baby, I was convinced that the Lord wasn't going to bless us with more and I was ok with that. After all, Katie will be 6 years old this fall...we are so far removed from the baby things, and thats ok. Like I said, I am perfectly content with the way things are.
Then I find out in January that I am pregnant. WOW...we didn't see that one coming and now I am 17 weeks and feeling the baby move and reality has set in that we are starting all over with the baby scene. Looks like this ones here to stay. I can't believe how sick I am and I have told Joel several times that I am too old for this. Haha!!
In a couple weeks we will find out what it is and we are excited to see who is coming to join our family. Courtney wants a girl, Katie and Joel both want a boy. That would seem logical since we have 2 girls...but logic doesn't always play a role in these types of things, so I guess in a couple weeks we will find out.
I'll try and be good about posting updates.

5 comments:

Zombie said...

Em I'm SOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you! Congrats!!!

Meggie said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Thats sooo exciting!!!

KMitchell said...

So exciting! I hope you feel better soon. Congrats again!

Nicole said...

WOW!!!!! thats awesome! CONGRATS!!! I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you guys! and please don't say ur too old cuz that means I'm too old ;)

Ned and Linda said...

Congrats! So hapy for you all!