
Anyone who knows me knows I am not an animal lover. I have never been cruel to them, I just do not have the desire to have one. I have 3 kids and a husband, I don't have time to take care of a dog (or cat). And I had told myself IF I ever got one it would be a small dog and not a puppy who chews on everything. That being said, my kids absolutely love animals. I have gotten away with not having one...until this last weekend. We went to a Suns basketball game on Friday night and when I left the house Saturday morning there was a small black dog on our front porch. That stupid dog sat on our driveway for a whole day and never once left the yard. I just figured if I ignored it long enough it would go away. Of course the kids are just so excited that this dog is at the house and they keep begging me to feed it. So I feel sorry for the mutt and I tell them to take it some water. It is hot outside. So the neighbor sees that they are giving it water and offers to give them some dog food to feed it, it can't starve...yeah, now that he has food and water he's not going anywhere. I just figure I will bide my time until I can call the pound on Monday morning to come pick it up. Let's just say that they have talked me into keeping it. UGH! I have to admit, it's a good dog. I am positive it was dumped in our neighborhood because he sat outside my house for 2 days and I never once heard it bark. It stayed close to home and slept curled up on a old t-shirt on the driveway. Plus he's fat, not skinny and sickly as a normal stray would be. So I have given in and let them keep it. So they bathed it and it now has a permanent home on our back porch.

Katie and Courtney have decided to name him George. I'm just hoping he's as good of a dog as I think he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment