As a parent things happen all the time that remind you how little you know about being a mom. I have things happen constantly that remind me how unprepared I am for motherhood. Life with toddlers is always an experience and we have some pretty random conversations in our house. Yesterday afternoon I was totally absorbed in making dinner when Courtney says:"Mom, where does Elmo live?"
I distractedly say "I don't know, Courtney, why?"
"Well, I thought parents were supposed to know everything, and every time I ask you something you say "I don't know". How come you know nothing?"
By now she has my attention and after I have registered what she said to me I defensively said
"What do you mean? I know lots of stuff!"
She is frustrated at this point and just says "AAhh, never mind I'll just go ask my daddy, he really knows everything"
So there you have it, just a confirmation that I know nothing (and Joel knows everything, apparently). What would I do without these two girls keeping me humble!
2 comments:
Gosh you just don't know anything... Too funny! Gotta love kids!
your family is so funny-especially your girls, the stories you write about what they say just crack me up- I get a kick out of their personalities! I'm glad Katie was okay with the outlet scare.
Post a Comment