So in my previous post, I briefly mentioned Courtney and her school endeavors. Well, we have since had another incident resulting in another 5 days detention and this time I got to meet with her teacher and the principal. That meeting resulted in some strategy planning and a reward system for her good behavior. We are now into her 2nd day of being grounded from friends and from the TV...and I am thinking that I am being far more punished than she is...but, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! She went into her room (without being asked) and cleaned it and even made her bed. She has been a total angel since we got home from the Principal's office. I am finally starting to see the nice, sweet Courtney that I knew was somewhere inside that demon that took over my daughter. I am hoping that we have gotten through whatever stage she was in and kindergarten will be smooth sailing from here on out. Let's hope so, I don't think I can take another phone call or another incident report slip from school!!
Friday, September 12, 2008
The New and Improved...
So in my previous post, I briefly mentioned Courtney and her school endeavors. Well, we have since had another incident resulting in another 5 days detention and this time I got to meet with her teacher and the principal. That meeting resulted in some strategy planning and a reward system for her good behavior. We are now into her 2nd day of being grounded from friends and from the TV...and I am thinking that I am being far more punished than she is...but, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! She went into her room (without being asked) and cleaned it and even made her bed. She has been a total angel since we got home from the Principal's office. I am finally starting to see the nice, sweet Courtney that I knew was somewhere inside that demon that took over my daughter. I am hoping that we have gotten through whatever stage she was in and kindergarten will be smooth sailing from here on out. Let's hope so, I don't think I can take another phone call or another incident report slip from school!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How are you doing? Hanging in there.. School is so rough sometimes. I should tell you about my principal's office experience sometime. I could have killed my kid for being so silly. Hang in there it is bound to get better :-)
Post a Comment