Sunday, September 21, 2008

No Greater Blessing

It is Sunday morning and we just said goodbye to Joel's sister and her family who came to visit us for the weekend. As Joel's parents said goodbye to his sister, they shed tears of gratitude for the wonderful children they have and for the incredible bonds that tie this family together. We have a hard road ahead of us as we try and figure out what is going on medically with Joel's father, yet his brothers and sisters have stepped up and are helping pay for doctors visits and things without thinking twice about it. I am so incredibly thankful for family. Joel's whole side of the family is not LDS, but their faith and their love for each other inspires me.
My family has it's challenges and trials but I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses us with faith and love when things seem the most challenging. I don't know what I would do without my family. We are not perfect and we struggle everyday with different things, but I know that in our struggles we become stronger and closer to our Heavenly Father. I just wanted to tell my family how much they mean to me and how much I depend on their love. I wouldn't be who I am without each and every one of my family members. Thank you to all of you who help me to be a better person everyday.

1 comment:

Julie said...

We love you too! Please let us know what we can do...